Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for our Website, Uses & Descriptions.
This part sets out some terms about information on the Website, descriptions of
goods and how you use the Website. Separate Notices and Disclaimers may apply
to your use of the Website. By accepting these terms and conditions you also agree
to the Notices and Disclaimers.
The rights in all software and content made available to you on or through the
website are our property or the property of our licensors and all such rights are
reserved by us and our licensors. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate,
distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the
content supplied to you or which appears on the Website nor may you use any such
content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
Maxine’s Candles is a trade mark belonging to us and no license or consent is
granted to you to use our brand in any way.
We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of our
goods and listed prices are accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do
happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the website as soon as
reasonably possible and if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your
purchase of goods we will try to let you know. However, because we take these
steps we will not be liable to you for any errors on the website.
You should bear in mind that buying goods over the internet provides a different
shopping experience to buying in-store. In particular you acknowledge that:
- The colours which are shown for the Goods on the Website will depend on many
factors – including your display settings.
- All sizes and weights are approximate.
- All Goods are subject to availability.
- Any delivery estimates given on the Website or by email are estimates only.
- We may need to change the Goods to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulation requirements.
Returns Policy - Returns & Refunds.
Terms which govern your right to return any Goods that you do not want to keep.
You can, at any time within thirty (30) days of receiving Goods from us, (fourteen
(14) days for reduced or sale Goods) cancel your contract and return any unopened
goods to us as long as the original labels are still on the products.
Exceptions to refund and cancellation rights apply. Exceptions include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Return them in a securely wrapped parcel to Maxine’s Candles, 106 Furness Avenue, Oldham, OL8 2DX.
- Return them personally at our Market stall on Curzon Street in Oldham on a Saturday from 9am till 4pm – You can also use click and collect in the same manner.
Once you decide to return the Goods you must not use them and must take reasonable care of them while they remain in your possession and all labels must remain in good condition. The Goods must be returned to us intact, undamaged as soon as reasonably possible. We will refund to the payment card the price paid for the Goods returned & will refund postage costs if we accept liability of faulty, incorrect goods.
Nothing under these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
Returning Goods by Post (UK only)
If you wish to return your Goods by post, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Detail your name, address, postcode, order number & reason for return on a blank piece of paper & enclose within your package.
- Ensure your Goods are in a securely wrapped parcel and place an address label on the parcel with the address Maxine’s Candles, 106 Furness Avenue, Oldham, OL8 2DX.
- Take the parcel (with enclosed form) and the dispatch note to the Post Office. The clerk will stamp the proof of posting on the dispatch note which you should retain until you receive your refund.
Provided you have notified us in writing that you wish to cancel your Order under the Consumer Contract Regulations, and the return of your Goods also meets our T&C’s, you will be entitled to a full refund including basic delivery cost (such costs equal to the least expensive delivery method costs that we offer), if applicable. We may also reduce your refund of the price of the Goods (excluding the costs of delivery) if you have failed to take reasonable care of the Goods, whether whilst in your possession, or when returning the Goods, by way of compensation, to either repair the Goods or cover any of our loss.
- If you do not exercise your cancellation rights under the Consumer Contract Regulations, the delivery cost of returning the Goods to us is your responsibility.
If you have any doubts or wish to ask further questions not covered within our T&C’s please email: [email protected] or alternatively contact our Home number on: 01616309047.